Anulom Vilom - Subtle and powerful
Practice and benefits of Anulom Vilom pranayam
About Anulom vilom pranayam
Anulom Vilom - An excellent antidepressant
Anulomg vilom is easy to do but it activates the subtle energies in our body, nourishes all the cells and relaxes our mind. If people all over the world start practicing Pranayama exercises, or even just Anulom vilom pranayam alone, then the sale of antidepressant drugs across the globe will come down to less than 20%, the huge money that is being spend by people across the globe for buying antidepressant drugs will be saved. That powerful is Anulom vilom and this is just one of it’s several benefits.
Today Trillions of dollars are being spend across the world for buying antidepressant drugs, which are meant to treat symptoms of depression, anxiety, dysthymia and other conditions and they usually have a lot of side effects.
Why not resort to the natural healer, a natural tranquillizer and pacifier, that is Anulom vilom which helps us to get rid of depression, anxiety and other neuro problems and beyond that, helps us to control our body, senses and mind. Anulom vilom pranayam is amazing, it’s an invaluable gift given to the world by the ancient sages of India.
Anulom Vilom - Practice and get rid of your eye glasses
We see that more and more people now require eye glasses and even many children are now wearing glasses. There are certain laser treatments available that can help you get rid of the glasses.
But what if you have something that can help you get rid of your glasses and at the same time is painless and 100% safe?
What if you have something that besides corecting your refractive errors in the eye, also helps to improve your memory and improves your overall fitness?
Well, it would be AMAZING and AWESOME, and the solution is ANULOM VILOM PRANAYAM. You can get rid of your glasses, you just need to be regular in doing this and other exercises of pranayama.
Also read our following articles
How to do Anulom vilom pranayam
1. Sit in a comfortable position preferably as you would sit in order to do meditation. Close your eyes. Use your right hand for doing Anulom vilom and let your left hand be relaxed on your left knee.
The exhalation should be smooth and regular, no need to breath-out in a hurry or apply any force.
4. Now close your right nostril again with the thumb, breath out through your left nostril and this completes one round of pranayama.
5. Normally the inhalation or breathing in takes 4-5 seconds and the same time goes for exhalation or breathing out.
How much to do
Your Pranayama session should include two rounds of Anulom vilom, each round should last for 5 to 10 minutes. Anulom vilom is a simple, light weight exercise, I mean it does not warm up your heart or lung muscles neither causes any strain. So even if it’s your 1st day you can do Anulom vilom pranayama for up to 10 minutes in each round, however people commonly find it convenient to do Anulom vilom for 5 minutes and then gradually increase it up to 10 minutes.
The benefits of Anulom vilom pranayama are countless, it not just improves our physical well being but also mental and siritual well being. Today we are used to sitting before computers for long periods of time and we dont even notice that our breathing becomes very shallow. This puts a lot of strain on our eyes and stress on our mind, regular Anulom vilom exercise helps us to relieve these strain and stress and stay fit and relaxed. Anulom vilom not only takes care of our heart and lungs but it also takes care of our mind, keeps us sharp and enhances our intellectual capacity.
Increasing levels of pollution and increasing adulteration in foods have a continuous negative impact on our body and mental health, hence Pranayama and Anulom vilom, being a prominent exercise of pranayama, should be prioritized in our lives to stay fit and healthy.
Recommended further reading
Recommended for your health
Anulom vilom pranayama-Instructions to follow and benefits
Anulom vilom is one of the Pranayama or breathing exercises, so all the instructions given in the main page of “Pranayama” should be followed. These additional instructions should also be followed
1. The inhalation and exhalation should be smooth and regular. Remember there is no discomfort or strain while doing Anulom vilom or any other exercises of pranayama, instead they are always relaxing.
2. Inhale or exhale through one nostril, as much air as you can without applying any force. The other nostril is closed either using your thumb or index finger of your right hand, your left hand lies in a relaxed position on your left knee.
Anulom vilom is simple to do, it is relaxing, it is comforting and it has countless benefits for our physical and spiritual health.
1. Anulom vilom pranayam awakens the subtle energy at the core, it relaxes every cell in our body, top up to the brain and mind.
2. Anulom vilom helps us to get rid of depression, anxiety and other neuro problems and beyond that, helps us to control our body, senses, feelings and mind.
3. Regular anulom vilom pranayama increases our immunity and body’s defenses against infections like common cold, flu and treats respiratory disorders like asthema and alergies.
4. Research shows that this alternate breathing exercise strengthens our bones and muscles and it is very helpful for arthritis patients.
5. Strengthens our heart and lung muscles, excellent remedy for blood pressure and other heart disorders
6. It not just purifies our body but also our mind and thus facilitates positive thinking and keeps negative thoughts away.
7. Helpful for treating gastric problems, acidity, constipation and improves digestion.
8. Practice of Anulom vilom makes your skin glowing and brings glow on your face.
9. We see that more and more people are now requiring to wear eye glasses and this problem can only be tackled head on with the help of Anulom vilom and other exercises of pranayama.
10. Normal head aches cannot stand long before Anulom vilom pranayama and it is a great remedy for migraine problems.
1. Pregnant women should do Anulom vilom pranayama slowly, there should not be any sound of breathing.
2. Some severe surgeries especially those of the heart, lungs or kidney require the patient to avoid Anulom vilom pranayam for few days. Take advice of your doctor.