Kapalbhati Pranayam - Very powerful
Practice and benefits of Kapalbhati pranayam
About Kapalbhati prranayam
How much to do
Also read our following articles
We all know how important is the proper functioning of the vital organs in our body like heart, lungs, brain etc. Kapalbhati pranayam improves the functioning of these vital organs and relieves us from chronic diseases like Blood pressure, diabetes, depression etc.
Our mind is apparently invincible and it’s our own restless mind that is our biggest hindrance for diving deep in meditation. Kapalbhati and Anulom Vilom pranayam purifies our body and mind, naturally calms our mind and improves our concentration, helping us to dive deep in meditation.
So include Kapalbhati pranayam in your every day life, and you include development and success in your life.
Kapalbhati pranayam-Instructions to follow and benefits
Kapalbhati is one of the Pranayama or breathing exercises, so all the instructions given in the main page of “Pranayama” should be followed. These additional instructions should also be followed
1. In kapalbhati pranayama the main focus is on exhalation which is done with a slight force, while the inhalation is natural and passive. The stomach sinks in on exhalation and is restored to it’s normal position naturally as the inhalation is natural. Remember there is no discomfort or strain while doing Kapalbhati pranayam or any other pranayama, instead they are always relaxing.
2. Chronic heart patients or patients with other severe medical conditions can do Kapalbhati slowly.
Kapalbhati pranayama is simple to do but it is infinitely powerful. Kapalbhati is a powerful form of pranayama that purifies our body and also purifies our mind and thereby ensures our spiritual development as well. But here we will not plunge into the spiritual benefits of pranayama and only highlight the benefits on the physical plane.
1. Regular Kapalbhati pranayam strengthens our brain cells and makes us sharper, positive and more balanced.
2.. As the name says, regular practice of Kapalbhati brings glow on our face and makes our forehead more radiant.
3. Kapalbhati, which involves forced exhalations and passive inhalations, creates a pumping action and this rejuvenates both our heart and lungs.
4. Regular Kapalbhati and other pranayama exercises as explained in our website can literally cure Blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, obesity, depression etc. Remember in Allopathy there is no cure for blood pressure and diabetes and there doctors can only prevent these diseases from deteriorating, rather than curing the disease.
5. Detoxifies our body and develops our immunity.
6. Helps in acidity and constipation.
7. Research done by Swami Ramdev has proved it that Kapalbhati pranayam is an excellent remedy for cancer and many cancer patients have been seen getting cured by doing Kapalbhati and other pranayam exercises. So for cancer patients, along with following your doctors advices, it is recommended that all the pranayama exercises mentioned on this website be followed regularly and punctually.
8. What more I can say about Kapalbhati, it nourishes and strengthens the cells at the tip of our toes and the cells in our brain.
9. Apart from the above list of benefits, which is inclusive and not exhaustive, Kapalbhati pranayam has huge spiritual benefits. Kapalbhati makes us spiritually advanced and brings us nearer and nearer to God.
1. Kapalbhati pranayam involves forceful exhales therefore people who are sick, have swine flu, suffer from contagious diseases, have symptoms of Covid19 should avoid doing it in the company of other people, otherwise it can be dangerous. Not dangerous for the person doing Kapalbhati but very dangerous for the people with whom he is doing it because he can then become a super-spreader of the disease and infect other people around him. So such people should do pranayama in isolation where no one else is around him within a distance of at least 5 meters. These precautions become very crucial during outbreaks like that of Covid19 happening now, we all have certain responsibilities as a citizen of India.
2. Pregnant women should not do Kapalbhati pranayam.
3. After a surgery, mainly after a bypass or a heart surgery, a person would require to avoid doing Kapalbhati for a week or more, depending upon the severity of the surgery. Take advice of your doctor.